- the nervous e-mail that started everything [derby as a microcosm of my life during second puberty, no.1]
- derby as a microcosm of my life during second puberty: a brief introduction
- m’favorite music of 2012
- musings on the arithmetic of gendering. and a plot to make the english language a little bit german.
- it’s dissertation defense time! today!
- #duh butalso #wompwomp #walkingwounded instagram.com/p/Zf3x5jvLmt/ 6 hours ago
- @AmyBoldItalic yup! 22 hours ago
- #chicagostyle hot dogs at the beach. saturday I think im in love instagram.com/p/Zd-4ArPLmk/ 1 day ago
- #sideview instagram.com/p/Zdn00OvLuc/ 1 day ago
- ailie does good work indeed. #amygsalon instagram.com/p/Zdm2OLvLst/ 1 day ago
Category Archives: science
musings on the arithmetic of gendering. and a plot to make the english language a little bit german.
i’m currently in the throws of finishing my phd and have cleared the single biggest hurdle: my defense. at this point, it’s therefore generally assumed that i’ve earned my degree and with it, the right to be called “doctor”. for … Continue reading
today, monday november 26th, 2012, i will defend my doctoral dissertation! it comes in two parts: my seminar and my “b exam”. the exam part is closed-door and such. it’s where my committee and i talk shop for ~3hrs. … Continue reading
dear world: i want your favorite science quotes and seminar bingo suggestions. these will be incorporated in my thesis defense seminar. it will be awesome. but i need your helps! i like quotes. lots of people like quotes. i’ve compiled … Continue reading
i* am pleased to announce a call for dialogue on how to make academia more welcoming and supportive for queer** students! if you are a faculty member wanting to know how to be a better ally, or a student wanting … Continue reading
Reblogged from Jabberwocky Ecology | Weecology's Blog: ESA has just announced that it has changed its policy on preprints and will now allow articles that have been posted on major preprint servers, like arXiv, to be considered for publication in … Continue reading
a few months ago, rachel mckinnon had a really nice article in the chronicle of higher education about her experiences coming out as a trans*woman to classes she was instructing. and at the end of august, she had another great … Continue reading
check out my video response to we happy trans*‘s seven questions. it’s my first video blog ever, so keep that in mind…and sorry it’s a bit long, but honestly, what else would you expect from me? the full [albeit rough] … Continue reading
as i mentioned in my last post, i’m planning to start blogging more about the academy/scientific endeavor, and one topic i’d really like to start delving into and having discussions about with people is the publication process. [i know, i … Continue reading
when i started this whole blogging thing [or, to be more correct, re-started...] about 10 months ago, i intended this blog to be populated with posts on a pretty wide range of topics that interest me: food, music, gender, sports, … Continue reading