- the nervous e-mail that started everything [derby as a microcosm of my life during second puberty, no.1]
- derby as a microcosm of my life during second puberty: a brief introduction
- m’favorite music of 2012
- musings on the arithmetic of gendering. and a plot to make the english language a little bit german.
- it’s dissertation defense time! today!
- @AmyBoldItalic i blew out my knee, so i'm coaching right now, but yeup! 1 day ago
- #chicagoredhots #pregamedinner instagram.com/p/ZgqKsYvLiB/ 2 days ago
- #duh butalso #wompwomp #walkingwounded instagram.com/p/Zf3x5jvLmt/ 2 days ago
- @AmyBoldItalic yup! 2 days ago
- #chicagostyle hot dogs at the beach. saturday I think im in love instagram.com/p/Zd-4ArPLmk/ 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2011
being home has been a trip on multiple accounts, not the least of which is being in a space/around people who were (and maybe still are?) unaware of my gender identity and current recognition of its discord with my gender … Continue reading
here’s a non-random smattering of things i’m thinking about: being home is always good. nice to see friends and family and relax for a bit. as nice as 12 hour drives are alone, they’re much better/easier/more enjoyable with other people. … Continue reading
and it is official, 2011 was the year of ambitious album openings. i mean, a killer guitar line, light strings, digital-esque drum beat, fucking backing vocals by mountain man (what! holy shit, awesome ladies!! ok, maybe 2011 was the year … Continue reading
powerfully positive words can be. ” I just wanted to make sure you knew that you have supportive friends.” honestly, i’m crying right now.
this past year has been a good one for me in finding new music. and i wanted to start off writing about this year by going back to last year’s fall-time-music-discover-athon. so yes, i’m stepping back to 2010. it was … Continue reading
i made some seitan lasagna from scratch for the dept holiday party yesterday, and it turned out really well. here’s the noodle recipe i used and the general lasagna baking stuff (which is standard): http://www.motherthyme.com/2011/11/lasagna-with-homemade-lasagna-noodles.html here’s the seitan recipe i … Continue reading
hello world… i put out a call on my facebook page for people’s favorites/worsts music stuffs of 2011 [albums, songs, etc etc] and would like to extend the invitation to anyone who happens to read this blog (does anyone??). i’m … Continue reading